- 1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 Tbsp butter or ghee, divided
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced finely
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 8 chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the slow cooker.
- Optional: for the best flavor heat a medium-low skillet and melt 2 Tbsp ghee or butter. Then add the onion and curry powder for just a couple minutes until the curry toasts and is fragrant. Then add the onions to the slow cooker.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Sear the chicken thighs 1 minute on each side.
- Add the chicken to the slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- If you are in a hurry skip all the steps and put everything directly in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Add the heavy cream and remaining butter right before serving.
- Use a spoon to break up the chicken and serve on rice or cauliflower rice.
Yields 8 cups
Servings 1 cup
Net carbs: 5g