- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium apple, cored and quartered
- 1 medium (about 3-4 lbs) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 red, or yellow onion, diced
- 2-inch nob of fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- sea salt and pepper, to your taste (about 1/4-1/2 tsp each)
- 1 (15 oz) can coconut milk
- fresh thyme, to garnish
- Add all ingredients except for the coconut milk and fresh thyme to a slow cooker.
- Toss gently to combine ingredients well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours on low, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf then stir in the coconut milk.
- Blend the soup until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender just add all ingredients to a regular blender.
- You’ll want to pair this with some rustic thick bread.