- 4 Green peppers
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1lb shaved beef steak
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 5 slices pepper jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tops off the green peppers and place them in the oven on a baking sheet to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Cut around the stem of the green pepper tops (discard stems). Chop up the extra green pepper that’s left.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- Once heated, add the onions, green peppers, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the shaved steak to the pan, then generously salt and pepper the meat. Brown the meat until fully cooked
- Add one slice of cheese and mix until melted.
- Remove from heat and toss with the mayonnaise and Dijon mustard.
- Remove the green peppers from the oven when they are soft but not too soft to stuff.
- Spoon in the steak mixture into the green shells and top each with a slice of cheese.
- Put back in the oven on broil for 3 to 5 minutes until the cheese is melted to your liking.
Yield: 4 servings
Servings: 1 stuffed pepper
Net carbs: 4g